Thursday, July 12, 2007

CG Talk Daily Sketch

It's been a year+ I didn't draw at all! And my wacom has been hiding inside the drawer for so long...so I decided to let it breath a little bit.
I went back to the CG Talk Daily Sketch (used to hang out there last time) and see if there's any interesting topic to draw.

Well, a little brief about the forum:
CG Talk Daily Sketch is all about... daily sketch.
Each day they will come out with an interesting title and you can start posting your entry until the voting thread for that particular week is start.
When I say 'sketch', means that you'd need to finish it very quick, each topic has the time limit, 25 minutes, 45 minutes, 55 minutes...etc
At the end of day they will vote the best entry for each day/topic, also the best of the week.

It is a mini challenges; But to me, it's more about practicing your skill. And what best about this is, you got a topic to draw and people will look at it! So I used to practice that last time, maybe 2-3 years back. Then I just stopped because of work.

Ok, here's one I just did:

Title: Fishing For Humans
Time limit: 45 minutes
Medium: Photosop CS2 with wacom
"I love eating eel, and I would imagine someday the eel eat me back..."

* Click on the image to enlarge.
45 minutes is just blink man! And look at the result, it's just so bad!
God... obviously I need some practices... :(

Here are the past entries I did last time:
(if you click on the image to enlarge, you will be able to see the title)







No comments:

Post a Comment